The SUS Section Governance is constituted as defined in the ISIE Sustainable Urban Systems (SUS) Section-Bylaws as follows:
- The Section Board is constituted by at least 4 and up to 8 members, including: Chair, Vice- Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Additional elected Board Members and positions can vary according to the needs of the SUS section and a common consensus of the members of the section.
All board members are elected for a period of 3 years. The next elections will be held in November 2017 for the period corresponding to the years from 2017 until 2020.
The current board members are:
- Chair: Sybil Derrible, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Vice-Chair: Olivier Heidrich, Newcastle University.
- Treasurer: Eugene Mohareb, University of Reading.
- Secretary: Lorraine Sugar, University of Toronto.
- Research Coordinator: Clinton Andrews, Rutgers University.
- Web Editor and Communication Strategist: Natalia Uribe Calvo, EUCO SAS.
- Board Member at Large: Weiqiang Chen.
The Functions and Responsibilities of each Board Member are defined in the Bylaws as followed:
- Acts as the liaison of the Section to the ISIE Council.
- Chairs over the periodic business meetings of the Section.
- Attends the meetings of the ISIE Council.
- Institutes ad-hoc committees as agreed by the Board.
- Acts as the representative of the Section toward other organizational units inside and outside the ISIE.
- Deputizes the chair when needed.
- Ensures the Board members act in accordance to the bylaws.
- Provide consul as needed.*
- Attend the section meetings.*
- Is responsible for the custody of the funds of the SUS Section.
- Provides annual financial reports.
- Looks for founding and financial aid to support the activities of the SUS Section.*
- Keeps the minutes of the Section meetings.
- Keeps the agenda of the Section meetings.*
- Promotes the engagement of the members of the sections.*
- Promotes the SUS Section in different networks to encourage new members to join.*
- Coordinates the SUS Section Webinars.*
- Coordinates SUS Section events.*
- Coordinates authors for the SUS Section special issues in the Journal of Industrial Ecology.*
Web Editor and Communications Strategist:
- Updates the Website of the SUS Section and include all missing/new content according to the format stablished by the ISIE.*
- Develops a communication strategy for the SUS Section.*
- Manages the social media sites and promote the SUS Section.*
- Manages the email account and communication channels of the SUS Section.*
- Organizes the content and format of the monthly digest for the members.*
* Functions and responsibilities proposed by the current Board (see information above) that need to be accepted by the entire membership and the ISIE council.