We are all looking forward to the ISIE2023 conference in Leiden (July 2-5) and the preceding Symposium on Industrial Ecology for Young Professionals (SIEYP) (July 1). As announced earlier, the ISIE was accepting applications from early career researchers in need for financial aid to attend the conference. The applications closed on March 17, and the applicants have already been informed about the evaluation results.
Now, we are opening up a second round of applications for financial aid for the ISIE2023 Leiden Conference for U.S. citizens (in the U.S. or abroad) and non-U.S. citizens based at U.S. institutions ONLY. The deadline to submit is Friday, May 12, 2023, at 11:59pm US Eastern Time.
The ISIE Scholarship has two sources of funding: (1) the U.S. National Science Foundation for non-U.S. citizens based at U.S. institutions and U.S. citizens and (2) the ISIE Budget for non-U.S. applicants. Some capacity is still remaining for U.S. applicants.
Persons that already have been awarded a scholarship in the first round of applications are not eligible to apply.
Scholarships are offered in the form of reimbursement for travel/lodging.
The application form can be accessed here: https://forms.gle/ojryM7zdpXgxroMW9
To be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be an early career researcher (i.e., a masters student, a PhD student/candidate, or a postdoc/researcher within 3 years of obtaining their doctorate degree).
- Be a member of the ISIE.
- Be sharing a poster or oral presentation at the ISIE 2023 conference (the scholarship applicant must be the presenter).
- Be attending both the SIEYP (July 1) and the ISIE conference.
- Show the need for funding to cover conference-related expenses.
The application requires:
- Personal information, including email, citizenship, and home institution.
- Estimated cost for attending ISIE2023/SIEYP, other funding sources, and requested scholarship amount.
- Title and abstract of the conference poster/presentation.
- Short motivation letter (250–500 words) stating your motivation for attending ISIE 2023, necessity of funding, and any clarifications regarding your application.
- CV/resume with publication list, education, and relevant experiences.
Applications are evaluated based on:
- Need for financial aid.
- Contributions to the field of industrial ecology (publications, professional experience, etc.).
- Quality of the submitted abstract and relevance to the field.
- Regional and gender diversity may be considered when evaluating multiple applicants with a similar record/need.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org