We are pleased to inform you that the financial aid application is now open for the ISIE2023 conference, taking place in Leiden University, July 2–5. The deadline to submit is Friday, March 17, 2023, at 11:59pm US Eastern Time.
Scholarships are offered in the form of discounted registration fees and/or reimbursement for travel/lodging.
The application form can be accessed here: https://forms.gle/6BbDjn4hdiVMoLk39
To be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be an early career researcher (i.e., a masters student, a PhD student/candidate, or a postdoc/researcher within 3 years of obtaining their doctorate degree).
- Be a member of the ISIE.
- Be sharing a poster or oral presentation at the ISIE 2023 conference (the scholarship applicant must be the presenter).
- Be attending both the SIEYP (July 1) and the ISIE conference (exceptions may be granted in some cases upon consultation with the ISIE Student Chapter Board).
- Show the need for funding to cover conference-related expenses.
The application requires:
- Personal information, including email, citizenship, and home institution, and ISIE membership ID number.
- Estimated cost for attending ISIE2023/SIEYP, other funding sources, and requested scholarship amount.
- Title and abstract of the conference poster/presentation.
- Short motivation letter (250–500 words) stating your motivation for attending ISIE 2023, necessity of funding, and any clarifications regarding your application.
- CV/resume with publication list, education, and relevant experiences.
Applications are evaluated based on:
- Need for financial aid.
- Contributions to the field of industrial ecology (publications, professional experience, etc.).
- Quality of the submitted abstract and relevance to the field.
- Regional and gender diversity may be considered when evaluating multiple applicants with a similar record/need.
Please expect to receive the decision via email in April, prior to the early bird registration deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com