New ISIE website launched
At the welcome reception of the ISIE/ISSST 2017 Joint Conference, ISIE President Edgar Hertwich unveiled the new website of the International Society for Industrial Ecology. The website was completely restructured to offer various new tools and take advantage of the latest standards.
Some of the principal changes include the following:
- Information from the Subject Sections is now fully integrated in the website, and available to the public. There is no more need to log in or to go to external websites to keep up to date with the latest developments.
- Members have the option to create more detailed profiles with research interest, their background, and links to relevant academic websites.
- A brand new platform is available for people that are (soon) on the job market: the Job Market Candidates page will list people who have just graduated or are about to graduate. Members can get listed by activating this options in their profile.
- Members are able to post new information directly onto the site, including announcements, calls for papers, blog posts, or job listings.
- The new design takes advantage of responsive styling, which makes it work on mobile devices as well as regular screens.
- A new Documents repository was set up to catalog relevant documents.
The main goal of the website restructuring was to streamline communications related to the society and industrial ecology, and to make sure the website serves the needs of the community. This is the first step in order reach this goal, but more work is needed. We invite everyone to collaborate and engage with the ISIE. There is always room for improvement, and feedback is highly appreciated. New ideas are also always welcome. Be sure to get in touch to share your feedback.