We are the representatives of the students in ISIE’s governing bodies. Among our work, we:
Serve as liaisons between students and ISIE.
Represent the student community in the ISIE council and other governing bodies.
Compile and publish the students’ newsletters.
Lead the organization of student activities (workshops, competitions, meetings…) at ISIE related conferences, including the ISIE biannual conference, section meetings, and the Gordon Research Conference and Symposium.
Maintain a database of resources for students: study programs, funding options, etc.
Help in finding and obtaining scholarships for ISIE’s students.
Distribute and help the students exchange information regarding conferences, employment opportunities, and collaborations.
Maintain this website.
The structure of the board
The Student Chapter Board is normally composed of eight to ten student volunteer members elected by the ISIE student members. The term of a board member is two years, and terms in the board are staggered: each year 3 new board members are elected in October-November to replace retiring board members. Two continuing members of the Student Chapter Board take on the responsibilities of President and Vice-President respectively. This ensures continuity in the Student Chapter. If you are a student member of ISIE, you can become a board member! You'll get a notice about the next elections by e-mail.
Hi! I am Kavya Madhu, PhD candidate at the University of Freiburg and working in the Industrial Ecology Group. My PhD research revolves around analyzing the impact of different pillars of Circular Economy on the environmental footprint of products and I use Life Cycle Assessment as a tool to do my analysis. As a member of the student board, I am involved in in the activities of the sub-groups- Virtual networking and SIEYP committee. If you have any ideas/suggestions/critics that you would like to share regarding the sub-groups, please feel free to reach out to me!
- 2021-2022: Fernando Aguilar Lopez (President), Jan Streeck (Vice President), Akshi Singh, Brent McNeil, Baba Imoro Musah, Kamila Krych, Thomas Maani, Kavya Madhu, Miriam Stevens, Julius Ott
- 2020-2021: Aishwarya Iyer (President), Glenn A. Aguilar-Hernandez (Vice President), Eliette Restrepo, Diana Ita Nagy, Sónia Cunha, Daniel Itzamna Avila-Ortega, Akshi Singh, Brent McNeil, Fernando Aguilar Lopez, Jan Streeck
- 2019-2020: Zhengyang Zhang (President), Aishwarya Iyer (Vice President), Amanda Gcanga (Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer), Eliette Restrepo (Vice Diversity & Inclusion Officer), Glenn A. Aguilar-Hernandez, Joe Bozeman III, Sónia Cunha, Daniel Itzamna Avila-Ortega, Diana Ita Nagy, Paul Currie.
- 2018-2019: Reed Miller (President), Stefanie Klose (Vice President), Amanda Gcanga (Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer), Hanjiro Ambrose, Joe Bozeman III, Paul Currie, Nathalie Spittler, Zhengyang Zheng,
- 2017-2018: Christoph Helbig (President), Dana Boyer (Vice President), Ana Rosa Rabelo de Lima, Yuwei Qin, Stefanie Klose, Hanjiro Ambrose, Reed Miller
- 2016-2017: Alessio Miatto (President), Carla Caldeira, Éléonore Lebre, Maryam Arbabzadeh,Ana Rosa Rabelo de Lima, Christoph Helbig, Dana Boyer, Yuwei Qin
- 2015-2016: Moana Silva Simas (President), Alessio Miatto, Carla Caldeira, Éléonore Lebre, Ignes Augusta Castro Contreiras de Carvalho, Luis Felipe Vásquez Correa, Maryam Arbabzadeh
- 2014-2015: Tomer Fishman (President), Alfred Wreh, Carolin Bellstedt, Ignes Augusta Castro Contreiras de Carvalho, Luis Felipe Vásquez Correa, Moana Silva Simas
- 2013-2014: Xiao Li (President), Burak Şen, Carolin Bellstedt, Claire Antalya, Lin Shi, Tomer Fishman
- 2012-2013: Graham Aid (President), Claire Antalya, Emma Keller, Simone Pereira de Souza, Prakhar Goel, Xiao Li
- 2011-2012: Susan Spierre (President), Ankit Aggarwal, Emma Keller, Graham Aid, Simone Pereira de Souza, and Yu Li
- 2010-2011: Catherine Izard (President), Ankit Aggarwal, Dexin Luo, Geoffrey Gilpin, Susan Spierre, Vivian Li