We are the representatives of the students in ISIE’s governing bodies. Among our work, we:
Serve as liaisons between students and ISIE.
Represent the student community in the ISIE council and other governing bodies.
Compile and publish the students’ newsletters.
Lead the organization of student activities (workshops, competitions, meetings…) at ISIE related conferences, including the ISIE biannual conference, section meetings, and the Gordon Research Conference and Symposium.
Maintain a database of resources for students: study programs, funding options, etc.
Help in finding and obtaining scholarships for ISIE’s students.
Distribute and help the students exchange information regarding conferences, employment opportunities, and collaborations.
Maintain this website.
The structure of the board
The Student Chapter Board is normally composed of eight to ten student volunteer members elected by the ISIE student members. The term of a board member is two years, and terms in the board are staggered: each year 3 new board members are elected in October-November to replace retiring board members. Two continuing members of the Student Chapter Board take on the responsibilities of President and Vice-President respectively. This ensures continuity in the Student Chapter. If you are a student member of ISIE, you can become a board member! You'll get a notice about the next elections by e-mail.
PhD student, Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML), Leiden University, the Netherlands
I am currently a PhD candidate in the Department of Industrial Ecology at CML, Leiden University. My research focuses on understanding the environmental and socio-economic implications of a circular economy transition at macro-level. My experience comprises scientific research in academic and non-academic organizations regarding multiple subjects, such as climate change, circular economy, bioenergy and sustainability analysis. I obtained a Bachelor degree of Chemistry from the University of Costa Rica, and a Master of Sustainability from the University of Sydney, Australia. I worked as production supervisor and researcher in the biofuel industry. Moreover, I contributed to bioenergy projects and a climate change adaptation program at the University of Costa Rica.
Hi! I'm Eliette. I am a Data Scientist at Roche. I recieved my PhD in Industrial Ecology from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology – NTNU in 2020. I hold a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineer from EAFIT University in Medellín, Colombia (2008), and obtained a Master's degree in environmental engineering from the ETH in Zürich, Switzerland in 2013. My role in the ISIE Student Chapter is to support you with matters related to diversity and inclusion.
I am a second year MSc student at the University of Cape Town, with a keen interest in circular economies. My research involves the analysis of metals in the automotive sector using industrial ecology and chemical engineering tools. I graduated with a BSc (eng) in Chemical Engineering degree in 2017 and have experience working in the asset management sector. I use economy-wide MFA and dynamic stock modelling techniques to understand current process and their future implications on resource availability and circularity. As a member of the student board, I hope to support you with any relevant matters, we welcome you to reach out.
Board Member At-Large
Board Member At-Large
Board Member At-Large
- 2019-2020: Zhengyang Zhang (President), Aishwarya Iyer (Vice President), Amanda Gcanga (Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer), Eliette Restrepo (Vice Diversity & Inclusion Officer), Glenn A. Aguilar-Hernandez, Joe Bozeman III, Sónia Cunha, Daniel Itzamna Avila-Ortega, Diana Ita Nagy, Paul Currie.
- 2018-2019: Reed Miller (President), Stefanie Klose (Vice President), Amanda Gcanga (Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer), Hanjiro Ambrose, Joe Bozeman III, Paul Currie, Nathalie Spittler, Zhengyang Zheng,
- 2017-2018: Christoph Helbig (President), Dana Boyer (Vice President), Ana Rosa Rabelo de Lima, Yuwei Qin, Stefanie Klose, Hanjiro Ambrose, Reed Miller
- 2016-2017: Alessio Miatto (President), Carla Caldeira, Éléonore Lebre, Maryam Arbabzadeh,Ana Rosa Rabelo de Lima, Christoph Helbig, Dana Boyer, Yuwei Qin
- 2015-2016: Moana Silva Simas (President), Alessio Miatto, Carla Caldeira, Éléonore Lebre, Ignes Augusta Castro Contreiras de Carvalho, Luis Felipe Vásquez Correa, Maryam Arbabzadeh
- 2014-2015: Tomer Fishman (President), Alfred Wreh, Carolin Bellstedt, Ignes Augusta Castro Contreiras de Carvalho, Luis Felipe Vásquez Correa, Moana Silva Simas
- 2013-2014: Xiao Li (President), Burak Şen, Carolin Bellstedt, Claire Antalya, Lin Shi, Tomer Fishman
- 2012-2013: Graham Aid (President), Claire Antalya, Emma Keller, Simone Pereira de Souza, Prakhar Goel, Xiao Li
- 2011-2012: Susan Spierre (President), Ankit Aggarwal, Emma Keller, Graham Aid, Simone Pereira de Souza, and Yu Li
- 2010-2011: Catherine Izard (President), Ankit Aggarwal, Dexin Luo, Geoffrey Gilpin, Susan Spierre, Vivian Li