Yang GuoPrinceton University
|Princeton, United States|
|Member since||Jan 20, 2017|
AboutI am Yang Guo, an Associate Research Scholar at Center for Policy Research on Energy and the Environment, Princeton University. My research is centered on Eco-industrial Development and Sustainable Infrastructure Systems. I have published 11 first-authored papers in top journals such as Nature Sustainability (1), Nature Communications (1) and Environmental Science & Technology (3).
I was selected to several prestigious programs/honors, such as 2020 Schmidt Science Fellows (initiated by Schmidt Futures and Rhodes Trust, 22 fellows selected globally), 2020 Excellent Environmental Doctoral Dissertation (awarded by Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences, 11 awardees in China), and the 2018 Top Prize of Qian Yi Environment Award (one of the most prestigious awards for students in environmental studies in China, only one winner for top prize).
2010.9 ~ 2014.7 Bachelor, School of Environment, Tsinghua University
2011.9 ~ 2014.7 Second Major, Department of Computer Science, Tsinghua University
2014.8 ~ 2019.7 PhD Student, School of Environment, Tsinghua University
2019.8 ~ 2020.7 Postdoc, School of Environment, Tsinghua University
2020.8 ~ 2022.10 Schmidt Science Fellow, Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
2022.11 ~ Associate Research Scholar, Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
(1) Yang Guo, Denise L. Mauzerall, Yizheng Lyu, Wanqiu Hu, Jinping Tian, Lyujun Chen. Benefits of infrastructure symbiosis between coal power and wastewater treatment. Nature Sustainability, 2022, DOI: 10.1038/s41893-022-00963-z.
(2) Yang Guo, Jinping Tian, Lyujun Chen. Managing Energy Infrastructure to Decarbonize Industrial Parks in China. Nature Communications, 2020, 11(1), 1-9.
(3) Yang Guo, Jinping Tian, Na Zang, et al. The Role of Industrial Parks in Mitigating Greenhouse Gas Emissions from China. Environmental Science & Technology, 2018, 52, 7754-7762.
(4) Yang Guo, Jinping Tian, Marian Chertow, et al. Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in Chinese Eco-industrial Parks by Targeting Energy Infrastructure: a Vintage Stock Model. Environmental Science & Technology, 2016, 50, 11403-11413.
(5) Yang Guo, Xianglin Guo, Jinping Tian, et al. Study of Reciprocal Effects between Mandatory Pollutant Emissions Reduction Policy and Structural Change within the Manufacturing Sector in a Chinese Coastal Area. Environmental Science & Technology, 2015, 49, 12840-12850.
(6) Yang Guo, Jinping Tian, Lyujun Chen. Water-energy Nexus in China’s Industrial Parks. Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 2020, 153, 104551.
(7) Yang Guo, Jinping Tian, Marian Chertow, et al. Exploring Greenhouse Gas-Mitigation Strategies in Chinese Eco-Industrial Parks by Targeting Energy Infrastructure Stocks. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 2018, 22(1), 106-120.
(8) Yang Guo, Zizhang Zeng, Jinping Tian, et al. Uncovering the Strategies of Green Development in a Chinese Province Driven by Reallocating the Emission Caps of Multiple Pollutants among Industries. Science of the Total Environment, 2017, 607-608, 1487-1496.
(9) Yang Guo, Wei Liu, Jinping Tian, et al. Eco-efficiency Assessment of Coal-fired Combined Heat and Power Plants in Chinese Eco-industrial Parks. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2017, 168, 963-972.
(10) Yang Guo#, Thibaut Glad#, Zhaozhe Zhong, et al. Environmental Life-cycle assessment of Municipal Solid Waste Incineration Stocks in Chinese Industrial Parks. Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 2018, 139, 387-395.