Shiza AslamCircular Plastic Insitute - KSBL
|Circular Plastic Insitute - KSBL|
|Member since||Jun 15, 2023|
AboutShiza is a circular economy expert with more than 5 years of experience in planning projects, conducting life cycle assessments, assessing recycling potential and creating livelihoods from waste related activities. Shiza has a background in Environmental Engineering (Pk) and a master’s degree in environment, science, and policy (EU). She further received technical trainings in landfill design and management from Arlington university, USA and lifecycle assessment training from Forum for Sustainability through Life Cycle Innovation e.V. - FSLCI, Germany.
Currently heading Circular Plastic Institute at Karachi School of Businesses and Leadership as research fellow.
DetailsCentral European University, University of Aegean, Lund University, University of Manchester  Master’s degree in Environment, Science Policy & Management Recipient of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Thesis: Sustainable Collaboration; Transforming Alliances for EPR in non-OECD Context
National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), Pakistan  Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering
Thesis: Hand Driven Energy Efficient Reactor for Biogas Production from Organic Solid Waste
• Aslam, S., Qazi, S., Syed, J. (2023). How Circular is Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) in Pakistan: A Dynamic Flow Analysis of PVC from 2007 to 2020. Resources, Conservation & Recycling (under review)
• Ibtihaj. Aslam, S., Hussain, U. (2023). Assessment of Plastic Pollution in Coastal Areas of Karachi: Case Study of West Warf, Kemari Jetty, and Manora. Marine Bulletin. (Under Review)
• Aslam, S., Tzoraki, O., & Krasakopoulou, E. (2021). Anthropogenic Litter in Freshwater Bodies & their Estuaries in Lesvos, Greece. Journal Environmental Science & Pollution Research.
• Aslam, S., Ali, F., Batool, A., & Sheikh, Z. (2021) Application of material flow analysis for the assessment of current municipal solid waste management in Karachi, Pakistan. Waste Management & Research.
Relevant education & training:
• 12/2020: Circular Economy Fellow, Switch-Asia Leadership Academy on Circular Economy, Remote
• 09-10/2020: Life Cycle Summer School, Forum for Sustainability through Life Cycle Innovation, Remote; Project: A sustainable life cycle recipe book - Application of a regional LCM toolbox for food cycle
• 01/2019: ISWA-SWISS Winter School, University of Arlington, USA (landfill design and management)
Research InterestsPlastic circularity, life cycle assessment, material flows, material metabolism, circular economy, value and supply chain, circular businesses.
Interested in PHD in industrial ecology and business nexus