>Are you ready to create real and meaningful change within our food systems by working with some of the largest players in the food industry?
>Do the topics of soil health, regenerative agriculture, and sustainable food systems excite you?
>Do you want to join a dynamic team of smart, fun, spirited, and motivated consultants?
If yes, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Quantis!
The food sector focused Sustainability Consultant will be responsible for the following:
Direct support of client project work, with significant focus on the food & ag sector.
- Performing the technical analysis for various food & ag client projects, as well as other client projects. This includes:
- Collecting needed data from clients.
- Performing analytical work, including such analysis as farm-level life cycle assessment (LCA), biogeochemical soil modeling, agricultural emissions modeling, biogenic carbon modeling, data management, etc.)
- Supporting scientific and analytical preparations for client deliverables, and helping answer client questions on technical/scientific aspects, in written and client call/meeting interactions.
- Supporting development of interim and final client deliverables.
Developing and sharing food & ag sector scientific and technical knowledge.
- Continuing to stay aware of the latest trends and developments in food & ag industry sustainability science (soil health, soil carbon capture, regenerative agriculture, etc.), and sharing key learning with the food sector team and the rest of the Quantis team as relevant.
Technical support of relevant client proposals.
- Providing relevant input related to technical/scientific aspects of new project proposals and proposal-related discussions (internally and/or with clients, as needed).
Additional activities (team meetings, trainings, etc.) as needed in support of Quantis US objectives.
Skills + Experience
The ideal candidate for the food sector focused Consultant role will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent general analytical skills, as well as strong scientific and technical analysis skills, with specific focus on the food & ag industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or environmental engineering, food science, agriculture, food sustainability, or related field required. Master’s degree in related field a plus.
- 1-3 years professional experience, with a strong focus on one or more specific aspects of food & ag sustainability science (Examples: agricultural emissions modeling, biogenic emissions, soil health, soil carbon capture, data management, etc.)
- Passion for food industry sustainability.
- Skills, interest, and passion for helping clients improve their sustainability, in a collaborative, consulting relationship.
- Clear and succinct written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to non-scientific audiences.
- Ability and affinity for supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of self-motivation and passion, as well as dependability, commitment, and strong personal organizational skills. Ability to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality aligned with Quantis’ values and spirit.
- Location: Boston
- Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation and Benefits
Quantis offers competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision and other insurance coverage, as well as a retirement savings plan and generous and flexible vacation time. Quantis offers a flexible, team-oriented work environment. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what make us exceptional, check out our “Quantis has talent!” video.
Quantis guides top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. In a nutshell, our ‘creative geeks’ take the latest science and make it actionable. They deliver resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications.
With offices in the US, France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Colombia, Quantis counts more than 90 colleagues across these quickly expanding markets. Quantis works with sustainability leaders such as Nestlé, Danone, IKEA, Starbucks, Kraft, Mars, Mondelez, and General Mills.
(re)discover Quantis at www.quantis-intl.com
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.