Senior Program Officer, Forests Strategy & Research at WWF(World Wildlife Fund) US
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Program Officer to be a member of the Forest Research & Strategy team. The position will include developing technical methods and tools to support the WWF-US strategy and external programs with targeted stakeholder groups. This will include support for the development of land sector climate emissions tools, science-based targets for land systems, assessments of forest tipping points, and other projects as assigned. The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for supporting senior staff on these projects including drafting documents and guidance, attending conference calls, conducting literature searches, spatial data analysis, method development and calculations, and research support on longer-term research projects. These activities will help WWF deliver its conservation mission by aligning our economy within planetary boundaries. This position is funded for two years with possible extension.
- Support Senior Staff on our engagement with the Science-Based Targets Network, Science-Based Targets for Forests, and work on Land Sector Climate Emissions. Partner with other NGOs through these projects and focus on technical deliverables, including linking spatial and supply chain data.
- Provide project support to staff on current and emerging projects. This will rely heavily on a working knowledge of environmental science, conservation interventions, planetary boundaries, various environmental accounting methodologies, and spatial data expertise.
- Provide project support to senior staff on external publications and longer-term research projects including trend spotting, literature searches, review, and writing.
- Travel, domestic and potentially international, may be required (3-4 times a year) however majority of work will occur in the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in Forestry, Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Industrial Ecology or a related field, with a minimum of 6 years experience in the associated field, is required
- A Masters degree in Forestry, Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Industrial Ecology or a related field, with a minimum of 3 years experience in the associated field, is preferred.
- Knowledge of carbon accounting, life cycle assessment, natural capital accounting, climate change, remote sensing, GIS, agriculture, forestry, freshwater, supply chain dynamics, trade data analysis, and database development, is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, research and writing skills, analytical skills, project management skills, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Please note that this position is funded for two years with possible extension.
You may learn more about it here: https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/2315/senior-program-officer,-forests-strategy-&-research--19095/job?mobile=false&width=1000&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=480&jun1offset=480