The successful candidate will be part of the Urban Environmental, Sustainability and Climate Change Management Team at IHS based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, supporting the Team on education activities and projects in the field of urban environmental management, climate change and sustainability.
- Collaborate in the development, coordination and provision of courses, modules and lectures in the field of urban sustainability, climate change and environmental management;
- Initiate, acquire, execute in collaboration with other team members (multidisciplinary) projects, including the formulation of the project definition, the setting up of the project organization, and the management of project personnel and/or third parties.
- Obtain, manage and carry out scientific research, in collaboration with other team members, and publish the results, with the aim of contributing to the development of scientific knowledge and understanding of part of a particular field of research and to develop courses and projects.
Minimum educational requirements:
At least a PhD or equivalent degree.
At least 3 years of experience in higher education, research and/or advisory in one of the following thematic fields.
Urban environmental management, Urban Climate change, Urban Green Growth, Urban Sustainability, (Urban) Environmental and climate change policy and planning, (urban) environmental and climate change economics.
- PhD or equivalent in one of the following disciplines: Environmental studies, Sustainability studies, Urban studies, Social sciences, Economics and other related disciplines,
- Strong affinity for urban sustainability, climate change and environmental issues internationally,
- Experience with educational activities (coordination, curriculum development, lecturing);
- Strong analytical and research skills,
- Strong skills on quantitative methods,
- Very strong organizational skills,
- Experience in project management,
- Pro-active attitude in team work,
- Excellent command of written and spoken English,
- Excellent computer skills (Excel in particular),
- High level of GIS skills is an asset,
- Strong network and a track record in securing funding for projects and research is an asset,
- Available for the job as soon as possible.
Terms and Conditions:
The position is full time (40 hrs per week) based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands for 1 year with possibility of renewal. However in case of suitable candidates part time arrangements could be discussed.
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Urban Environmental and Climate Change medium professional” in the subject line and send us:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV
- Documents illustrating previous experience
- Citizenship, (and if non-EU, whether holder of a work permit for the Netherlands)
- Availability date
Application Deadline: When the position is filled.
Starting date: As soon as possible, preferably by the 1st of January 2018