International Industrial Ecology Day 2021
Spotlight session: EEIO Frontiers Africa-Europe
The EEIO Frontiers session will present the latest research from the ISIE-EEIO section members. The presentations are related to the development and application of EEIO methods and data to current topics; there will also be research presentations focusing on pressing topics that provide an opportunity to explore new application possibilities for EEIO. Presentations will last 10 minutes, with 5 minutes for questions and answers (10+5 minutes per presentation).
- Minute 0-5: Welcome by the session chair and introduction to the topic
- Minute 5-20: A multi-criteria framework for assessing urban socio-ecological systems: The emergy nexus of the urban economy and environment (Oleksandr Galychyn, Parthenope University of Napels)
- Minute 20-35: PIOLab-SE: Constructing a global physical input-output laboratory for spatially explicit environmental impact assessments (Hanspeter Wieland, Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Minute 35-50: Detecting carbon-intensive material footprints including fixed-capital effects (Sho Hata, National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES), Japan)
- Minute 50-65: Material needs as a barrier to 1.5°C climate target: environmental footprint assessment of net zero-emission scenarios by 2050 in France (Antoine Teixeira, ADEME - CIRED)
- Minute 65-80: Effects of circularity interventions in the European plastic sector: A hybrid Input-Output approach (Ciprian Cimpan, NTNU)
- Minute 80-95: A web-application for collaborative circular economy scenario analysis using hybrid mrEEIO tables (Franco Donati, Leiden University, CML)
- Minute 95 -105: General discussion
- Minute 105-120: Break
Organizers and session chairs: This session is organised by the ISIE-EEIO section and will be chaired by Dominik Wiedenhofer (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria).
If you need technical assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.