AGENDA | ISIE Annual General Meeting
20th April 2023
8 - 10 am Eastern/New York (10pm Australian Eastern, 9pm Tokyo,
8pm Beijing China, 2pm Vienna, 1pm UK).
Meeting ID: 683 178 1565 | Passcode: 201550
NOTE: The AGM will be recorded only for the purpose of writing the minutes. The recording will not be publicly available.
The International Society for Industrial Ecology's Annual General Meeting (AGM) is open to all current members. The AGM is a time to review the past year's activities, events, and finances, and to plan and consider new initiatives. All ISIE members are invited to attend our AGM, which is conducted online through Zoom video conferencing. Those who cannot attend the meeting can still vote on resolutions using the links below until 3rd of May 2023.
Chaired by: Simron J. Singh, Secretary, ISIE
Minutes taken by: Irena Bitunjac, Admin. Manager, ISIE
1. Welcome from the ISIE President: Stefanie Hellweg
Acknowledging recently elected Board members and thanking those outgoing.
2. Acceptance of Minutes from Previous AGM
- See the document and voting options here: https://is4ie.org/survey/80
3. Past year reporting (17 reports)
- ISIE President’s report
- Treasurer's Report: past year reporting and prospective budgets.
- Highlights from our 2022 Annual Report of activities of the Society including the Journal of Industrial Ecology, membership, conferences, website development, and other initiatives. ISIE Committees and Sections will also give short reports.
See the document and voting options here: https://is4ie.org/survey/79
4. Three New Member Proposals (for vote)
a) A platform for sustainability literacy and research dissemination (Max Koslowski)
See the document and voting options here: https://is4ie.org/survey/81
b) Industrial Ecology methods crash course (Shiva Zargar)
- See the document and voting options here: https://is4ie.org/survey/82
c) Islands at Risk: showcasing and teaching “Island Industrial Ecology” (Dominik Noll, on behalf of the Islands Section)
- See the document and voting options here: https://is4ie.org/survey/83
5. Update on last year's proposal / ISIE initiatives
- Promoting Industrial Ecology in Asia (Raja Chowdhury)
- Introductory Video Series (Ned Gordon)
- Establishing a standard process to award student scholarships for ISIE conference participation (ISIE Student Chapter Board and Alumni represented by Kamila Krych and Miriam Stevens)
- Improve ISIE Job Board and create Jobs Committee (Reed Miller, Aishwarya Iyer)
6. Thanking Stefanie Hellweg, outgoing President
7. Welcoming Ming Xu, incoming President | Other Business
Close of General Meeting
For questions about the AGM please contact the Secretary of ISIE, Simron Singh, or get in touch with the ISIE Secretariat.