Call for Abstracts
Sustainable Development Track
2020 IISE Annual Conference & Expo
Hyatt Regency New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
May 30 – June 1, 2020
Deadline for abstract submission is November 8, 2019
Abstract Submission Conference Site
We invite you to share your experience applying Industrial and Systems Engineering tools and knowledge to advance the sustainability of your company, university, community or our planet. This can be done through the presentation of a case study, a workshop for those looking to learn from your experience or the presentation of research results.
The Sustainable Development Division of the Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers (IISE) is sponsoring the Sustainable Development Track at the 2020 IISE Annual Conference and Expo. The conference is a forum for exchanging knowledge and discoveries in the industrial and systems engineering research and practitioner communities.
We encourage you to submit an abstract. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to present their work in a session. The standard presentation is 20-minute presentation but for a case study or workshop a 40-minute period can be designated.
As in past years, we welcome abstracts that include but are not limited to the following areas:
Sustainability Education, Ethics, and Public Policy Making
Green Supply Chains, Sustainable Engineering and Green Operations
Sustainable Infrastructure Systems
Sustainability & LCA Theory
For this year’s conference, we are particularly interested in those abstracts that relate to the achievement of the following selected Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all (including how sustainability relates to and can be incorporated into Industrial and Systems Engineering Education, and how ISE tools can be modified to optimize not just based n economics but based on the Triple Bottom Line.)
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation (including the roles ISE’s can and do play in creating sustainable corporations.)
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts