31st December, 2018: Submission Deadline
The "VSI: Urban Sustainability- Methods and applications for quantitative assessment of renewable and sustainable energy solutions at the urban scale" is dedicated to explore methods and applications aiming at performing a quantitative assessment of the sustainability of design, planning and technology solutions implemented in urban settings with the goal of reducing energy consumption, decrease environmental impacts and improve quality of life of the inhabitants. The VSI focuses on computational applications and will tackle all aspects of urban sustainability, including:
- engineering solutions,
- resource assessments,
- machine learning solutions for energy and resources saving,
- nature-based solutions,
- lifecycle-based assessment (including circular economy models),
- building stock energy simulations,
- environmental issues and,
- case studies etc. that demonstrate a real impact in renewable and sustainable energy with a resulting positive reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
Deadline for submissions of full papers is the 31st December 2018. Important to note that papers submitted for consideration for this VSI must be within the scope of RSER which complements the mission of RSER to communicate the most innovative and relevant critical thinking in renewable and sustainable energy in order to bring together the research community, the private sector and policy and decision makers.
For more details see: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-and-sustainable-energy-reviews/call-for-papers/methods-and-applications-for-quantitative-assessment