CNRS Summer School on Future Prospects in Intergrated Assessment Modelling (Clermont-Ferrand, France, 18-22 June 2018)
We are pleased to invite you to a summer school on future prospects in Integrated Assessment Modelling in Clermont-Ferrand (France) taking place from 18 to 22 June, organized by CERDI-CNRS. Deadline for registration is 20 May, and participation is free for PhD students. The goal of the summer school is to gather PhDs, postdocs and researchers working on climate, energy and/or economy in IAMs, and will focus on:
- Exchange on the state of the art IAMs to provide transparent and open assessments to support the design and evaluation of mitigation policies in the short to mid-term.
- Using IAMs covering the earth systems and economy to design reinforcing sectoral decarbonisation policies.
- Providing new and more comprehensive knowledge on the design, requirements, governance and impacts of climate action at national, regional and global level.
- Fostering innovative policy-making through robust methodologies and tools to reduce uncertainties for different types of stakeholders.
- Creating a network on IAMs between PhDs, post-docs and research fellows to discuss and improve modelling skills.
You are invited to visit the website of the summer school, where you can find an overview of the programme, list of speakers with bio, registration page, practical information and a link to inscribe to the forum/newsletter. Also, you are very welcome to distribute the call to interested researchers.