Dear ISIE members,
Weiqiang Chen of the Chinese Academy of Sciences – Institute for Urban Environment and also editor of the journal Resources, Conservation and Recycling has issued this call, a proposal for a special issue on industrial ecology in the journal EHS (Ecosystem Health and Sustainability). The idea is to highlight how industrial ecology is relevant for ecosystems as well. I am asked to serve as topic guest editor for Material Flow Analysis. So, where better to go than to the Socio-Economic Metabolism section of the ISIE? The idea is to publish max 3 papers on MFA and how that is relevant for ecosystem health. Papers could address, for example
- linking biogeochemical flows to anthropogenic flows
- relating urban metabolism to urban ecosystem quality
- MFAs that have an environmental part as well as an economic part
- adding an environmental dimension to Material Flow Accounts
- ... or whatever else that fits into the idea of linking MFA to ecosystem health.
If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I will then forward the call to you.
Ester van der Voet, CML, Leiden University.