A record-breaking poster competition was seen at the ISIE-ISSST in Chicago. In total, 95 student contributions participated in the competition, sponsored by Earthshift. Seventy-two judges evaluated the design, content and presentation of each poster. The best ten posters entered a second round with five judges to determine the prize winners. Thanks to all participating students and the high number of judges, the whole competition was a great success! All winners were announced during the closing ceremony of the conference.
- 1st place, ($500): Andreas Froemelt (ETH Zurich, Switzerland), A virtual platform to evaluate policy scenarios targeting environmental impacts from household consumption
- 2nd place, ($200): Andreas Gassner (TU Wien, Austria), A multi-dimensional analysis of land use for urban public transport systems: the case of Vienna, Austria
- 3rd place, ($100): Morteza Taiebat (University of Michigan), Environmental Benefits of Robotaxi Fleet
- 4th place, ($100): Mustafa Lokhandwala (Purdue University), Shared autonomous vehicles: a case study of New York City
- 5th place, ($100): Dipti Kamath (Michigan State University), Second life potential and environmental benefits of EV batteries as fast charging enablers
- Honorable mention: Marie K. Eriksen (TU Denmark), Dana Boyer (University of Minnesota), Dieu Linh Hoang (University of Groningen), Paul Gontia (Chalmers University), Eunsang Lee (Michigan State University)