WSBE23 is seeking participation from both scientific and non-scientific practitioners for the 15th World Sustainable Built Environment Conference, being held April 30 - May 3 2024 , at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal in Montréal, Quebec, Canada.
Occurring every 3 years, WSBE is focused on actionable outcomes that address the climate change problematic. It aims to provide meaningful opportunities for active participation from in-person attendees and presenters, as well as opportunities for virtual attendees, with both scientific and non-scientific (practitioner) sessions.
In the frame of the Urban Metabolism sub-track of the conference, we are particularly welcoming papers on novel models and methods for material and energy flow accounting at the urban and regional scale, including (but not limited to) approaches that:
- integrate ecosystem services into energy and material flow/stock assessments,
- embrace multi- or inter-disciplinary frameworks to address policy and/or governance drivers,
- assess resource demand of small cities (or other data-poor contexts), their environmental impacts, and decarbonisation and dematerialisation paths.
- bridge science-practice gaps to inform urban design and planning practices,
- investigate urban and peri-urban agriculture with regards to the reuse of local resources (e.g. urban organic waste) and by means of nexus thinking (agro-food-waste)
There is still room for one further session (including a chair) on Urban Metabolism. Please contact Daniela Perrotti (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Eugene Mohareb (email@example.com) if you have an idea on this.
Accepted papers will be published by IOP Publishing on the Earth and Environmental Science Journal with ISBN/DOI.
For instructions on how to submit an abstract and all guidelines, please see the Call for Abstracts on our website.
Please note that all abstracts must be submitted through the online form. The deadline to submit an abstract is Monday, May 8, 2023.