We are inviting you to the second international conference on New Pathways organised by the University of Groningen in collaboration with Hanze University of Applied Sciences with the IE community.
Place and date: The conference will take place in Groningen on 20-21 June, 2023.
Theme of the conference is to explore new pathways for connecting actors, levels of governance, institutions, and technical domains, to achieve and accelerate the energy transition.
The early bird registration is now open and we are accepting abstracts, proposals for panel and roundtable discussions. You can also propose an academic session by using our registration form. Please visit our conference page to read more and register for the conference.
What makes this conference special? Well known keynote speakers from different scientific field will address the conference:
We will explore fruitful interactions with practitioners and pay attention to the impact of political developments such as the 27th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties in Egypt and the energy crisis on the energy transition.
- We will explicitly include developments in developing countries.
- We will organize a panel with experts from science, industry, civil society, and governments at the local, national, and international levels. Panelists include:
- We welcome scholars from various scientific backgrounds including behavioral sciences, law, social studies of science, transition science, engineering, technology management, spatial sciences, and more
- We highly encourage early career researchers to participate in the conference as it will provide ample opportunity for feedback on their research
- The conference has a relatively intimate character
- The conference will take place in the energy Academy Europe, one of the most sustainable education buildings in the Netherlands
- We will organize two excursions at the end of the conference to a sustainable neighborhood project in the city of Groningen and to one of the most important energy hubs in Western Europe, including modern gas plant, LNG and citizens owned wind turbines and solar fields
- The New Energy Forum event on 22 June is open for attendance to our participants
We look forward to seeing you in Groningen.
Organising Committee ICNP2023