The Sustainable Urban Systems section (ISIE-SUS) is organizing a virtual seminar on June 3rd, 2022. We invited Prof. Huijuan Dong (Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China), Prof. Luca Fraccascia (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy), Prof. Fujii Minoru (National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan), Prof. Xianlai Zeng (Tsinghua University, China) to present their work on cities and circular economy.
The seminar will be on Jun 3rd, 2022
17:00 – 18:45 Tokyo (Tokyo time)
16:00 – 17:45 (Shanghai time)
10:00 – 11:45 (Central European Summer Time)
04:00 – 05:45 am (US Eastern Daylight Time)
Agenda & Speakers
- Moderators: Dr. Liang Dong (City University of Hong Kong); Dr. Kangkang Tong (Shanghai Jiaotong University)
- 16:00-16:05: greeting & introduction
- 16:05-16:25: Dr. Luca Fraccascia (Sapienza University of Rome): "Designing the biomethane production chain from urban wastes at the regional level: An application to the Rome Metropolitan Area"
- 16:25-16:45: Dr. Xianlai Zeng (Tsinghua University): "Win-Win: Anthropogenic circularity for metal criticality and carbon neutrality"
- 16:45-17:05: Dr. Huijuan Dong (Shanghai Jiaotong University): "Waste Management mode of Shanghai and its low carbon potential from urban symbiosis"
- 17:05-17:25: Prof. Fujii Minoru (NIES, Japan): "Promotion of carbon neutral plastic circular economy through collaboration between the waste sector and the material industry"
- 17:25-17:45: Panel discussion and Q & A
- 17:45: wrap up
Introduction on speakers
Dr. Luca Fraccascia is Senior Assistant Professor of Management Engineering at the Department of Computer, Control, and Management Engineering of Sapienza University of Rome (Italy). He holds a PhD in Mechanical and Management Engineering from Politecnico di Bari (Italy). His research is related to circular economy and industrial symbiosis, studied from the operational and business perspective, and green consumer behavior. Luca is editor of Resources Conservation and Recycling Advances, editorial board member of Journal of Business Research, and serves as reviewer for several journals.
Dr. Xianlai Zeng is currently an associate professor at the School of Environment at Tsinghua University. He obtained the bachelor (2002) and master (2005) degrees in Northwest A&F University, and Ph. D (2014) at Tsinghua University. He worked as a technical advisor for the United Nations Development Programme (2015), visiting staff at Coventry University (2012), visiting professor at Macquarie University (2017), and Fulbright visiting fellow at Yale University (2018-2019). His areas of specialization and interest include e-waste management, resource sustainability, and circular economy. He has published around 100 articles, patents, and books.
Dr. Huijuan Dong is an Associate Professor of School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Her research mainly focused on circular economy & industrial ecology, low carbon development, footprint studies, municipal solid waste management, etc. by employing input-output analysis (IO), lifecycle analysis (LCA), emergy methods and CGE and GAINS models. She has published two books, and more than 80 peer-reviewed papers in reputable environmental journals with 5 being the ESI (Essential Science Indicators) highly cited papers. She is a principal investigator of four research projects funded by National Natural Science Foundation (NSFC) and Ministry of Science and Technology.
Prof. Minoru Fujii is the head of System Innovation Section of National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES), Japan. He is also a visiting professor at Nagoya University and the University of Tokyo. His specialty is resource circulation and energy systems.
Meeting Link and ID
ISIE_SUS is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: ISIE-SUS webinar: "Cities and Circular Economy"
Time: Jun 3, 2022 04:00 PM Hong Kong SAR
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 919 3832 2134
Find your local number: https://cityu.zoom.us/u/ajsGb7Ce
Join by SIP
SUS are working on the new developments, research, events and disruptive innovations regarding sustainable urban systems and its development using IE concepts. https://is4ie.org/sections/urbansystems