After a long absence from physical conferences due to the Corona pandemic, we are happy to announce that the 14th ISIE Socio-Economic Metabolism section conference will take place in Vienna from 19-21 September 2022. The ISIE-SEM conference entitled “Transforming socio-economic metabolism in times of multiple crises” will be co-organised by the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU) and TU Wien (TU).
While the main conference will take place in a physical setting, we intend to offer hybrid options, with plenary sessions being livestreamed to all colleagues, who want join us remotely from all over the world.
In addition to stand-alone abstracts, we invite you to submit special sessions around dedicated topics. We explicitly encourage seeking cooperation with other ISIE sections and other scientific communities in special sessions.
The tentative timeline for submissions is as follows:
- Opening of submissions of special sessions and abstracts: 22.11.2021
- Special session submission deadline: 20.12.2021
- Notification of special session acceptance: 17.01.2022
- Abstract submission deadline: 14.02.2022
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 11.04.2022
- Preliminary programme: 16.05.2022
- Registration early bird: 13.06.2022
We look forward to welcome you in Vienna as one of the academic centres of material flow analysis and SEM research. We hope for exciting in-person exchanges around how to address some of the major societal challenges of our time.
On behalf of the local organisation committee
Stefan Giljum (WU)
Nina Eisenmenger (BOKU)
Johann Fellner (TU)