The International Society of Industrial Ecology seeks expressions of interest for the role of editor-in-chief (EIC) of the Journal of Industrial Ecology (JIE). The EIC is expected to be a highly experienced scientist who has a broad vision for the development of the field of Industrial Ecology. The EIC will lead the journal’s evolving mission to contribute to the cutting edge of science in the field of industrial ecology and to promote the impact of industrial ecology research through scientific publication. The EIC will shape the strategy, scope, and tone of the journal, appoint and oversee associate editors, and ensure a vibrant publishing culture and the highest standard of JIE publications. The EIC will recruit and work with the editorial board that promotes the JIE and supports the excellence of the journal.
· Research interests in common with the mission and scope of the journal and a vision and strategy for a premier Industrial Ecology journal
· A record of published research in scholarly journals, including serving as lead author
· Well respected in the Industrial Ecology research community and a good understanding of the breadth of the research field
· Demonstrated experience in the editorial process of scientific publishing and the ability to deal with the multi-faceted intellectual, institutional and financial and aspects of leading a journal
· An interest in understanding the changing conditions of scientific publishing
· Commitment to science for impact and accessibility of scientific publication for a broader audience
Applicants must be members of the International Society of Industrial Ecology and are requested to address the selection criteria and to attach a CV. They are also asked to provide a vision statement for the journal on less than two pages. Applications must be received by 5 February 2021 CET. Please send your application to Nina Kisbey-Green firstname.lastname@example.org