WEBINAR: Material efficiency strategies for a low-carbon future. A Policy Perspective
26th February, 2021 @2:00pm (CET)
Register in advance for this webinar:
The International Society for Industrial Ecology is pleased to invite you to a webinar where results from the review of material efficiency policies in the report Resource Efficiency and Climate Change: Material Efficiency Strategies for a Low-Carbon Future will be presented and discussed.
The webinar will focus on material efficiency policies for homes and cars, highlighting the connections between climate change and resource efficiency. Moderated by Reid Lifset, it will be composed by an Introduction and a Panel Discussion.
INTRODUCTION 40 mins
- Introduction to the IRP and its work on RECC, by María José Baptista, United Nations Environment Programme
- Modelling results of the report, by Edgar Hertwich, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Results from the policy review, by Reid Lifset, Yale University
- Material Efficiency policy and intensity of use, by Tamar Makov, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
PANEL DISCUSSION 45 mins
- Astrid Schomaker [Co-Chair of the IRP Steering Committee and Director for Global Sustainable Development, European Commission]
- Rodrigo Rodríguez Tornquist [member of the IRP Steering Committee, Secretary for Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Innovation, Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of Argentina]
- Maarten Hajer [IRP member and distinguished professor Urban Futures and Director of the Urban Futures Studio, Utrecht University]
- Tiffany Vass [International Energy Agency]