Scientist - Climate and Sustainability Group (CSG)
Organization: Aramco Services Company (ASC) is a subsidiary of Saudi Aramco
Location: Houston, Texas
Type: PhD and Postdoc Positions
Aramco Services Company (ASC) is a subsidiary of Saudi Aramco, the world’s leading energy company. ASC provides new thinking, new approaches, and new solutions for the future of energy. We are a company of more than 500 experienced professionals in the US. From engineers and scientists to specialists in procurement and R&D, every ASC team member embodies the highest standards of safety and professional conduct. We operate as a vital link between people and partners in the Americas and our parent company, Saudi Aramco. Our team members thrive in an environment that places great value on openness, knowledge sharing, and innovation. The partnership is at the very core of our history, and so are some of the largest and most trusted names in energy.
ASC-Houston seeks a scientist to join the Climate and Sustainability Group (CSG). CSG is responsible for supporting the technology planning and climate strategy of Saudi Aramco. We work on various projects including life cycle analysis (LCA) of greenhouse gas emissions from oil and gas value chain, refinery modeling and simulation, carbon economics, and climate policy. The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting CSG’s projects in an excellent and diverse teamwork environment. The candidate must also show the ability to collaborate on research projects with our partners. Applicants must show strong capability in working with big data and developing engineering-based models using Excel (VBA) and other programming languages (e.g., Matlab, Python). Some experience in refinery simulation and optimization using ASPEN PIMS or PetroPlan is a plus.
- Conduct a life cycle analysis of crude oil greenhouse gas emissions using field-level engineering-based models.
- Conduct refinery simulation and optimization analysis. Calculate the energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions of crude oil refining.
- Develop high-resolution petroleum life cycle analysis (LCA) models.
- Engage in international climate policy technical groups.
- Perform economic analysis and assess exposure to climate risk.
- Foster professional relationships with local and international research institutions and industrial partners.
- Organize technical meetings and conferences as required.
- Make presentations and publish technical papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Expert competence with the use of the following software: Excel (VBA), Matlab, Python, and other programming languages.
- Experience in LCA models such as GREET, OPGEE, PRELIM, and GHGenius is desirable.
- Understanding of crude oil production processes and petroleum refining.
- Strong background in engineering process modeling and techno-economic analysis.
Desired Education and Experience:
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Energy Resources Engineering, Environmental Management, Chemical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university.
- A strong peer-reviewed publication record is preferred.
- Graduates of interdisciplinary programs with a specialization in energy and environmental management are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
For further information please contact Hassan El-Houjeiri (firstname.lastname@example.org)