Postdoctoral Position in Industrial Water Consumption Modeling
Organization: Purdue University
Type: PhD and Postdoc Positions
Applications are invited for one postdoctoral position in the area of Environmental and Ecological Engineering at Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN. The candidate will be jointly advised by Dr. Inez Hua and Dr. Hua Cai on developing big-data informed models on industrial water consumption.
Successful candidates will have an outstanding record of scholarship, and knowledge and skills as described below:
- Experience in collecting and analyzing large-scale datasets
- Optimization and predictive model development
- Proficient in programing using R or Python
- Industrial water use analysis
- Data visualization using ArcGIS
Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Candidates should be able to work independently, and also collaboratively with researchers in other science and engineering disciplines. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in environmental engineering, industrial engineering, sustainability, or other relevant field. The candidate should have completed the Ph.D. prior to the date of joining.
Applications should include the following items, in a single PDF:
- A cover letter detailing the candidate’s experience relevant to the position and career goals
- A detailed CV with a list of publications
- Undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
- Complete contact information for three references
Submit applications via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than June 30, 2019. The applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted for interviews. The position is available June 1, 2019.