Climate and Sustainability Scientist
Organization: Aramco Services Co.
Location: Novi, Michigan
Type: Industry Positions
Applicant must have completed a PhD or Master’s degree in Energy Resources Engineering, Environmental Management, Chemical Engineering, or a related field. Graduates of interdisciplinary studies with specialization in energy are encouraged to apply. The incumbent will work in the Climate and Sustainability Group (CSG) on various projects to support the technology planning and climate strategy of Saudi Aramco. This includes life cycle analysis (LCA) of greenhouse gas emissions from oil and gas value chain, refinery modeling and simulation, carbon economics, and climate policy. Applicant must show strong capability in working with large data sets and developing engineering-based models using Excel (VBA) and other programming languages (e.g., Matlab, Python). Some experience in refinery simulation and optimization using ASPEN PIMS or PetroPlan is a plus.
- Conduct life cycle analysis of crude oil greenhouse gas emissions using field-level engineering based models.
- Conduct refinery simulation and optimization analysis. Calculate the energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions of crude oil refining.
- Develop high resolution petroleum life cycle analysis (LCA) models.
- Engage in international climate policy technical groups.
- Perform economic analysis and assess exposure to climate risk.
- Foster professional relationships with local and international research institutions and industrial partners.
- Organize technical meetings and conferences as required.
- Make presentations and publish technical papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Activities and Equipment Used:
- Expert competence with the use of the following software: Excel (VBA), Matlab/Python and other programing languages.
- Experience in LCA models such as GREET, OPGEE, PRELIM, GHGenius, etc. is desirable.
- Understanding of crude oil production processes and petroleum refining.
- Strong background in engineering process modeling and economic analysis.
Desired Education and Experience:
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Management, or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills.
Please send to Dr. Hassan El-Houjeiri (firstname.lastname@example.org)