Postdoc/PhD position: Modelling agricultural scenarios using global multi-regional IO framework (focus on land use scenarios)
Our team at the Charles University Environment Centre is looking for new members to work on the project “Pathways towards environmental sustainability”. This project aims at identifying the changes in production technologies and consumption baskets which will reduce the global impacts of all countries below the downscaled planetary boundaries.
At this position you will be working with global land use scenarios. Therefore, the knowledge of GIS environment is necessary.
- PhD/MSc. degree in interdisciplinary environmental or sustainability science, e.g. environmental studies, geography, industrial ecology, social ecology, ecological economics, land system science or another relevant field
- Experience in spatial data analysis and GIS
- Programming skills (R, Matlab, Python or similar) and familiarity in working with large
- Advantage is experience in integrated modeling and/or environmental accounting methods such as environmental footprinting, life-cycle assessment, multi-regional input-output analysis
- Advantage is experience with land use scenarios
The position is project based up to 2027.
Starting date: immediately
Location: Prague, work from home optional
Application deadline: 15 May 2023
Applicants should send a one-page cover letter, detailed CV (including list of publications) and names and contacts of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the position description here.