The European Scientific Advisory Board on Climate Change is an independent body providing the EU with scientific knowledge, expertise and advice relating to climate change. The Advisory Board evaluates policies and identifies actions and opportunities to successfully achieve the EU’s climate targets. It was established in 2021 by the European Climate Law and consists of 15 independent senior scientific experts covering a broad range of relevant disciplines. The Advisory Board is supported in its work by a secretariat, hosted by the EEA, based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Secretariat to the Advisory Board seeks to recruit several talented individuals to join an open, positive, multicultural and interdisciplinary team of enthusiastic experts to support the work of the Advisory Board.
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Secretariat to the Advisory Board, you will be working on one or more of the following domains:
- Economic analysis in a climate change context;
- Food and agriculture practices and policies;
- Carbon dioxide removals.
The position will entail the following tasks:
- Monitoring and evaluating progress against EU climate-related policy objectives in relevant economic sectors.
- Evaluating existing and proposed EU governance frameworks and policies relevant to climate change mitigation and adaptation, their expected effects and their coherence with the EU’s greenhouse gas budgets and climate targets.
- Assessing existing and planned action at the national level and in specific sectors in relation to greenhouse gas emission trajectories and targets.
- Analysing climate-neutrality pathways for the EU in relevant economic sectors, including the mitigation potential of various policy options (e.g. technological, demand-side).
- Preparing reports and briefings underpinning advice from the Advisory Board in their domain of competence.
- Seeking out and maintaining dialogue with EU relevant actors and decision makers.