The Sustainable Bioeconomy Research (SBR) Group at the University of British Columbia (UBC) invites applicants for a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) position supervised by Dr. Qingshi Tu. The PDF location will be located at UBC’s Vancouver Campus.
The PDF will apply process simulation to obtain inventory data for life cycle assessment (LCA) and techno-economic analysis (TEA). The subjects of research include biofuels, bioproducts and other sustainable technologies. The postdoctoral fellow will work with the SBR group as well as collaborators at National Research Council Canada.
- Conduct systematic reviews of literature on subjects of research
- Develop and conduct research on biofuels and bioproducts. The PDF is expected to lead the development of process simulation, LCA and TEA models related to the research
- Gathering and analyzing data, drafting reports/papers, preparing slides for progress updates, etc
- Manage projects related to other sustainable technologies, should relevant projects become available
Duration and Salary
This PDF position has an initial 1-year appointment, with the potential for renewal, subject to work performance and funding availability. The anticipated start date is April 2023 or as soon as possible.
Salary will be $55,000 CAD per annum.
- Completed a relevant Ph.D. (e.g., in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering) within the last 5 years
- Be highly motivated, organized, and a good communicator (written and verbal)
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Proven Experience with biofuel and bioproduct research: e.g., peer-reviewed publications, technical reports
- Proven experience in process simulation with one or more of the commonly used software (e.g., AspenPlus, ProSim, SuperPro Designer): e.g., peer-reviewed publications, technical reports
- Working knowledge of life cycle assessment and techno-economic analysis
- Proven python programming experience: e.g., GitHub repo, scripts, publications
- Proven experience with life cycle assessment: e.g., peer-reviewed publications, technical reports
- Proven experience with techno-economic analysis: e.g., peer-reviewed publications, technical reports
How to Apply for this Postdoctoral Fellow on Process Simulation of Bioenergy and Bioproducts Position
Please apply by emailing Dr. Qingshi Tu (email@example.com) with the following document as a single PDF attachment:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of two relevant publications
- Contact information for 2 referees
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The SBR group has and will continue to nourish a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for all its members. We particularly encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the BC Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.