At the Institute for Environmental Science and Technology, one of the leading centers in environmental science located in Barcelona, Spain, we are looking for a colleague to support the further development of tools for the sustainability assessment of energy transition scenarios.
The person will join the interdisciplinary group of scientists of the LIVEN Lab, part of the SosteniPra research group and be part of our work on European and Spanish funded research projects that integrate Life Cycle Assessment, Social Metabolism, Open Modelling and Citizen Science. The position is quite open and the person can join as technitian with the opportunity of participating in research activities and publications or as PhD student and pursuing a fully funded PhD at ICTA.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or similar, or in Ecology or Environmental Engineering or similar (MSc if there is interest in pursuing a PhD).
- Previous experience in software development
- Advanced Python Programming
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Be comfortable working with open modelling/open access principles
- Knowledge of Spanish
- Previous experience working on or supporting research
- Knowledge of LCA and/or Systems Analysis
- Knowledge of GIS software
Contract terms: The person will be hired by ICTA for 2 years with possibility of renewal. There is a 3-month probation period. They will work at the awarded ICTA building. Home-working can be considered. Salary is negotiable according to experience and dedication. Health insurance is covered. Expenses derived from project activities and training will be covered. We will support visa applications if needed.
To apply: Applicants should send a one page cover letter, 2 code output samples (or GitHub or repo link) from past works and an updated CV to email@example.com by November 6th 2022. PLEASE USE “SOFT APPLICATION” AS SUBJECT. The cover letter should include a personal statement and the name, position and e-mail contact of three potential referees. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed the week of November 7th , and a final decision will be communicated by November 11th. The selected person is expected to join by January 2023.