The Yao Lab at the Center for Industrial Ecology has a postdoc associate position available for conducting environmental life cycle assessment (LCA) and material flow analysis (MFA) of wood products in Brazil. This project is part of the emerging concept of bioeconomy that the Yao Lab has been focusing on. The postdoc will work in an interdisciplinary research team that includes industrial ecologists, forest ecologists, social scientists, and soil scientists. The overall research project will examine the potential synergies of industrial reforestation for wood products with secondary forest regrowth. This postdoc position will develop LCA and MFA models to understand the climate implications of different pathways of silvicultural prescription and wood utilization.
- Conducting LCA and MFA for different wood products, including pulp and paper, mass timber, and other long-lived wood products.
- Couple the LCA and MFA of wood products with forest dynamic models to understand the carbon fluxes associated with different carbon pools.
- Ph.D. in forestry, natural resources, engineering, and other related fields.
- Experience with LCA and MFA of wood products demonstrated by peer-reviewed journal publications
- Past research related to Brazil or other regions in the Americas is preferred
- Rich knowledge in forest carbon accoutning, wood products and pulp and paper production
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate with researchers in different disciplines
Interested candidates should email the following materials to Dr. Yuan Yao, email@example.com. Please use “Postdoc Application for LCA and MFA Wood Products” as the subject of your email.
- A single PDF file consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV. The cover letter should include a statement summarizing past research experience and future research interests, and a brief explanation of your interest in and qualification for the position.
- Provide the names and contact information for three references
- Copies of up to 3 relevant publications in PDF.
More about the Yao Lab (https://yao.research.yale.edu/) in the Center for Industrial Ecology at Yale University (https://cie.research.yale.edu/).