About Connect Earth
At Connect Earth, we are building the go-to source of environmental data on companies and products. We are developing a range of toolkits to empower companies to embed sustainability intelligence into any product.
💳 Our first product is an API solution that can calculate the carbon impact of any purchase.
🌍 We have estimated over 40 million kg CO2e ****for 4+ million transactions representing $500M+ of spending.
💚 Our vision is to enrich 1 trillion data points with environmental insights by 2030
🚀 We are a (growing) team of 16 people with large financial clients such as Raiffeisenbank. Our investors include Plug and Play, Market One Capital, MSM Fund, Entrepreneur First, D2 Fund, Venista Ventures and many more.
What you'll do
- Create carbon emissions factors and models for estimating the CO2e of banking transactions
- Identify confidence levels for different categories of CO2e estimates
- Develop models to calculate the emissions intensity factors from corporate sustainability reports and find their reliability
- Iteratively identify which emissions factors should be improved next and help in creating better models for these
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 1-3 Years experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy)
- Experience with EEIO, Exiobase and Pymrio
- Experience with data science and building models
- PhD in Carbon Modelling and EEIO/LCA Analysis
- Competitive Salary
- Equity package
- Pension scheme
Connect Earth is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Sounds interesting? Please send your CV to our CTO: email@example.com
with the subject line: ****“Carbon Modelling Position”