GWS mbH is an independent, private-sector research and consulting company that works for public and private clients. The division Energy and Climate deals with a wide range of issues relating to energy, climate and environmental economics and policy. The spectrum of our activities covers applied basic research, the development of scenarios and projections, the analysis of policy measures as well as consulting services for politics and economy.
We are looking for the following person to start as soon as possible in the division Energy and Climate:
Economist, Statistician, Environmental Economist or a person with comparable qualifications or professional experience (m/f/d) in the field of energy and climate
The job profile
- Research and policy consulting on climate change mitigation, impacts, and adaptation.
- Model-based analyses
- Writing of scientific contributions, papers, and scientific reports
- Acquisition of (inter)national projects
- Project management
- Contact to the scientific community
- Good Master's degree (or higher) in economics, statistics, environmental economics or comparable qualification or professional experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in the field of climate change mitigation, impacts and adaptation
- Several years of professional experience and preferably first experience with project management
- Experience in dealing with ministries, authorities and other clients
- Reliable, friendly, confident manner in dealing with clients
- Good scientific writing style
Desired additional qualifications
- Experience with input-output modeling
- Experience with C++ and R
- Good German language skills
- Experience abroad
- PhD degree
We are a highly motivated team working on significant national and international economic, energy and climate policy issues. Our clients are ministries, international and other public institutions. We also work on research projects at national and European level.
You can expect
- a full-time position initially limited for 1 year (with the prospect of a permanent contract)
- Remuneration in line with TVöD
- Career opportunities with management responsibility
- Collaboration in other areas as well
- Possibility to work from home
- Free choice of working hours
- Bicycle leasing
Further information can be found at http://www.gws-os.com.
Please send your detailed application with salary requirements and earliest possible starting date by e-mail to:
Gesellschaft für Wirtschaftliche Strukturforschung mbH
Heinrichstraße 30, 49080 Osnabrück