Xi’an Jiaotong University, China is offering 40 postdoctoral fellowships in 2022 through its international postdoctoral program. The fellowship supports scholars from a wide range of fields to conduct innovative research based on the research interests of their own as well as their faculty advisors.
Duration: Two Years
Basic Compensation: 200,000 yuan/year (about USD 30,000/year) plus a benefits package and housing stipend paid by the university. The salary is competitive, especially given the price level of Xi’an City and China. A higher salary can be provided by the professor based on the qualification and performance of candidates.
Application Deadlines: There are two waves of application in 2022. The deadline for the first wave is May 31, 2022; the deadline for the second wave is August 15, 2022.
Research Fields To Support Include But Are Not Limited To:
Novel Research Directions of Traditional Fields; Emerging, Cross-Disciplinary Fields; Life Science and Medicine; Information Technology; Material Research; Basic Research; Social Sciences and Humanities.
Research in the broad sustainability fields is within the scope.
(1) The applicant is under the age of 35.
(2) The applicant is either a Non-Chinese citizen or a Chinese citizen obtaining a doctoral degree at an institution outside of China.
(3) The applicant is about to get her or his doctoral degree (e.g., at the final year of the doctoral study) or got her or his doctoral degree within the past three years.
(4) The applicant obtained the doctoral degree from a university in the Global Top 100 University list; or the subject of doctoral degree is ranked in the Top 100 subject list (checking the latest information from Shanghai Ranking's Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Ranking and U.S. News & World Report as reference). Applicants from countries of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) are eligible, if she or he graduated with a doctoral degree from a top 10 university in their country, or if the doctoral subject is ranked in the top 10 subject list of their country.
(5) Applicants from non-English speaking countries shall have sufficient proficiency in Chinese or English.
(6) Applicants have not been supported by this postdoctoral program before.
About Xi’an Jiaotong University:
Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU), established in 1896, is the national key university directly administered by the Ministry of Education of China. It is the top 10 Research University in China and member of China’s Ivy League - C9 League.
XJTU is a comprehensive research university with 9 major categories of disciplines: science, engineering, medicine, economics, management, humanities, law, philosophy, and art, and 27 schools, 9 colleges for undergraduates and 3 affiliated hospitals. There are four campuses, namely Xingqing campus, Yanta campus, Qujiang campus and China Western Science and Technology Innovation Harbor, with a total area of 5.33 million square meters.
The University has a faculty and staff of 6538 people including 3729 full-time teachers, of whom 44 are academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and/or the Chinese Academy of Engineering. The University now has 46,323 full-time students, including 26,941 postgraduates.
XJTU offers 90 undergraduate majors, and there are 32 first-level disciplines authorized to confer doctorate degrees, and 41 disciplines authorized to confer master’s degrees. It also offers English-taught bachelor’s programs, master’s as well as doctorate programs in different disciplines.
The University is located in Xi’an—the geographical center of China, the starting city of Silk Road as well as the capitals of 13 dynasties in Chinese history. It is not only home to Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses and Huashan Mountain but also home to more than 100 world top 500 companies’ branches. It is a hub of AI, aerospace, biotechnology, photoelectric chip, information technology, new materials, new energy, intelligent manufacturing etc. Its brilliant history, glorious culture, high-end technology and friendly environment for realizing the dreams bring Xi’an into one of the most selected destinations for studying in China.
A short introduction to XJTU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDYWjH0zeCE [XJTU: Linking the Past and Future]
If you’re interested, please contact Prof. Xiao Li (email@example.com) soon and send him your academic CV and a brief research plan.