The Yale Center for Industrial Ecology has a postdoc associate position available for conducting environmental and economic life cycle assessment of soft electronics. The postdoc will work with an interdisciplinary research team that will develop new classes of soft electronics created from renewable materials (e.g., cellulose composite) using energy-efficient manufacturing processes. The overall research project will address the challenges of developing high-performance materials that are renewable, biodegradable or recyclable. This postdoc position will explore and develop life cycle assessment tools that can integrate biodegradation and material circularity with environmental and social impacts.
- Conducting life cycle assessment (LCA) and techno-economic analysis (TEA) for soft electronics with different materials and manufacturing designs. The postdoc will work with engineers and material scientists to incorporate process and property parameters into the LCA and TEA with the purpose of informing the design process.
- Developing LCA and life cycle cost analysis (LCC) models for soft electronic devices with wearable applications. Performing Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) to consider different environmental, social, and economic aspects of various applications.
- Ph.D. in chemical/mechanical engineering, material science, or other engineering-related fields.
- Experience with LCA, TEA/LCC demonstrated by peer-reviewed journal publications
- Knowledge in polymer science
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate with researchers in different disciplines
Interested candidates should email the following materials to Dr. Yuan Yao, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Postdoc Application for LCA of soft electronics” as the subject of your email.
- A single PDF file consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV. The cover letter should include a statement summarizing past research experience and future research interests, and a brief explanation of your interest in and qualification for the position.
- Provide the names and contact information for three references
- Copies of up to 3 relevant publications in PDF.
More about the Yao Lab (https://yao.research.yale.edu/ ) in the Center for Industrial Ecology at Yale University (https://cie.research.yale.edu/).