At Metabolism of Cities we're looking for an Urban Circularity Assessment intern to join our team.
About the position
As researchers with Metabolism of Cities, we are currently working on the EU Horizon 2020 funded “CityLoops” project. In doing so, we assist 7 cities in Europe to carry out material flow analyses and circularity assessments of their sectors and cities. For the upcoming development of the “Urban Circularity Assessment” (UCA) method, the collection, processing and analysis of data for two case study cities (Apeldoorn, NL and Bodø, Norway) will be needed.
As an Urban Circularity Assessment intern, you will work together with the researchers and assist with tasks related to the method and its implementation on two case studies. Your primary focus will be on sound data collection and organisation. Depending on your skills and interests, it can also branch to other parts of the project such as environmental solutions mapping and hotspot analysis.
The position lasts for five to six months and ideally starts on January 10, 2022. The internship requires four to five days of work per week (carried out remotely, but with weekly or bi-weekly meetings depending on progress). A stipend amounting to €500 per month based on 40 hours per week will be provided. We welcome people who want to take this opportunity to work on their Master's thesis or study research projects, if they can combine the two.
A good fit for this position would be a MSc student or recent graduate with:
- Strong data collection, organisation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good writing and reading (and translation) skills in Norwegian and/or Dutch
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organisation
- The ability to work independently, proactively and remotely (including the use of Google documents etc.)
- Desired skills /experience/ knowledge:
- Background in Industrial Ecology, Material Flow Analysis, systems thinking, supply chain thinking, GIS
- Understanding of urban sustainability, urban metabolism and the circular economy
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Urban Circularity Assessment intern? Then we'd love to hear about you!
To apply, please submit your information after clicking "apply now". You will be asked to upload your CV and letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to contact Carolin Bellstedt, through email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is December 31, 2021 at 23:59 CET. However, we will review applications as they come in and schedule interviews, so it is recommended to apply early.