NTNU has vacancy for a permanent position as project manager for the EU project ‘Climate Positive Circular Communities’, short name ‘ARV’. The project duration is from January 2022 to December 2025. The ARV project is funded by the European Green Deal initiative as an Innovation Action with the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme. The project is led by NTNU and has received a total of 20M euros in funding from the EU.
The ARV project will provide guidelines and a political framework for future energy-efficient and circular solutions in the construction industry. 36 partners from seven European countries are involved. The core of the ARV project lies in the six large-scale demo projects in six European cities (Oslo in Norway, Sønderborg in Denmark, Karvina in the Czech Republic, Utrecht in the Netherlands, Palma in Spain and Trento in Italy). These will be developed as Climate Positive Circular Communities, which is a concept that rests on three main pillars: 1) circular economy, 2) integration of people, buildings and energy systems, and 3) simplicity – achieved by means of digitalization and industrialization.
The demonstration projects focus on nine main areas of innovations:
- Effective planning and implementation of climate-positive circular societies
- Citizen involvement, surroundings and well-being
- Sustainable (re) design of buildings
- Resource-efficient production and work processes
- Integrated systems for renewable energy and storage
- Energy management and flexibility Measurement and evaluation
- Business models, financial mechanisms, guidelines / strategy and utility
- Communication, dissemination and user involvement
The project administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day follow-up of the activities in the ARV project. You will be a part of the project management team of the ARV project, and report to the ARV Project Leader and to the Head of Department.