Do you have a head for data management and complex quantitative modelling?
Our team at 2.-0 LCA consultants have one fixed full-time position open for a data wrangler.
2.-0 LCA consultants is an internationally oriented consultancy in quantitative life cycle assessment (LCA). The company is relatively small, 13 academic employees, but is going through a period of rapid growth. The company has offices in Aalborg, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Barcelona.
The position is available as soon as possible after the deadline (see below) and no later than September 1st 2021.
During the next 4 years, a large part of the work will be related to the research project “Getting the data right” for climate footprints, a 4-year research project to provide a globally unique virtual lab and database tool for quantitative assessment of the climate effects of decision alternatives, popularly speaking ‘a climate footprint generator’, and a mechanism to ensure its continuous maintenance.
The topics of work may include:
- Harvesting and processing data for physical flows and stocks to improve the validity and reducing uncertainties of input-output based models for life cycle assessment
- Development of automated procedures for data plausibility checks and data quality assessment
- Development of automated procedures for continuous provision and balancing of physical and monetary trade data.
- Assessment and determination of supply mixes to the different global, regional, and local product markets.
- Integration of procedures for estimating location coefficients and other data and procedures for geographical disaggregation (regionalisation) of supply-use tables and input-output models.
- Integration of uncertainty in large global input-output models.
We expect that you:
- Have a relevant PhD degree in economics, data science, engineering, or similar scientific qualifications
- Have experience with programming (python)
- Have a high level of English language and communication skills, both in writing and verbally
You should have documented experience in at least two of the below areas:
- Large-scale data management
- Complex quantitative modelling, e.g., ecosystem, economic, or social modelling
- Uncertainty specification, propagation, and presentation
The application shall contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached.
- Communication qualifications
- At least two personal references.
- Personal data.
Wage according to qualifications.
Application by mail to email@example.com.