Organization: Net Purpose
Type: Industry Positions
Impact Modelling at Net Purpose
About Net Purpose
Net Purpose is an exciting new company designed to change the way the world invests. Backed by clients with over $1TN in assets under management (AUM), we are building tools to help institutional investors measure and optimise the social and environmental performance of their investment portfolios. One third of all the world’s capital ($90TN) is now committed to investing sustainably or for impact, and we are building the data infrastructure to make this happen. If this sounds exciting, we want to talk to you!
We are hiring a Research Analyst to model the social and environmental impacts of products and services in close collaboration with our Head of Research. You will review publications in environmental science, health science, and industry reports to evaluate the positive quantitative contributions of products and services to solving critical global challenges: climate changes and air pollution, access to clean water, clean energy and nutritious products among others, and incorporate these into the estimation of quantitative impact. You will also provide input into the estimation of negative social and environmental impacts of company activities and identify promising estimation approaches developed in academia and by practitioners that can be adapted for our purpose.
What you will help us achieve:
We are a seed stage company in the early phases of building our data platform. You will help us:
- Implement and adopt existing science-based product impact measurement models;
- Ensure a globally scalable, standardized approach;
- Support on new impact measurement model development;
- Track impact measurement trends and identifying opportunities for collaboration;
- Bring a “get s**t done” mentality to a small team, to help us achieve these ambitious goals!
You are an experienced research analyst with a passion for measuring the impact of companies and investment portfolios in a scientific quantitative way. You are highly structured, outcomes focused, and have an ability to translate complex findings into simple conclusions. You welcome conversations with scientists, corporate executives and investment managers. You know what it takes to stay on top of the latest insights into corporate sustainability, how it is measured and how it is put into practice in companies. You are passionate about this shift in capitalism and helping our clients measure “net purpose” as rigorously as they do “net profit.”
- 3+ years experience in corporate sustainability research, that incorporates environmental and health sciences, either as an equity research analyst, corporate sustainability professional, research analyst or consultant;
- You are comfortable analyzing technical and scientific literature and can rapidly consolidate information from multiple sources. You are comfortable deriving and transforming engineering facts to align them with existing scientific impact measurement approaches.
- You have worked in data-heavy environments, have experience with large non-financial datasets and investment or scientific modelling;
- You are outcomes focused: you start with what we are going to deliver and work to achieve that;
- Complexity to simplicity; you have the ability to roll up findings into succinct conclusions compelling to investment professionals, despite the complexity of the task we are wading through;
- Investment management or business analyst exposure; you understand products and services from an investment POV and can build analysis that speaks to investment professionals;
- Highly organised, great at managing tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent with Excel and Powerpoint;
- You have a demonstrated passion for projects with a social or environmental purpose.
- You have direct experience measuring the impact of products and services of companies;
- You have experience with life cycle assessment (LCA) / environmental risk assessment / cost-benefit analysis;
- You are familiar with metrics used to measure social and environmental performance.
- You have some experience with statistics and programming;
What Net Purpose can offer you
We are a start-up with a bold ambition! We care deeply about our Profit with Purpose mission, and the warm and inclusive environment we seek to create.
This role will put you and the forefront of ESG data: quantifying the impact of products and services, and helping clients interpret these results. You will also gain experience in applying scientific methods to impact measurement and creating the foundation for evidence-based impact investing. You will be able to experience the fast-paced world of sustainable investing and help build robust databases to enable better investment decisions. We are a young dynamic team united in our purpose that capital markets need to be directed onto a more sustainable path.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis with immediate start possible. Candidates will start with the Head of Research and then progress to meet more of the team.
If interested, please contact: email@example.com