Industrial Ecology and Industrial Symbiosis Implementations for an Eco-Transition in the Americas
Cartago, Costa Rica
October 29 - November 1, 2018
Join us for the 15th Annual Industrial Symbiosis Research Symposium together with the ISIE Americas this Autumn. From October 29th to the 1st of November 2018, Tecnológico de Costa Rica (TEC), The symbiosis (IS-EID) section of the ISIE and ISIE Americas will gather world leading Industrial Ecology and Industrial Symbiosis experts in Cartago, Costa Rica. Researchers, industry members, practitioners, government members and policy makers from around the globe will discuss the main elements of a successful Eco-Transition in the Americas.
Two days of conferences and workshops (plus an additional half day of industry visits) will present success stories and scientific analysis of key topics such has:
- The Bio-Based economy
- The Food, Energy and Water Nexus
- Contributions of Industrial Ecology and Industrial Symbiosis to Green Transformations
- Industrial Ecology/Industrial Symbiosis relevance in the Service Industries,
- Footprinting and critical material analysis for sustainable planning
- Eco-Industrial Parks and the circular economy
- Industrial Symbiosis Policies, Successes, and Future Opportunities
- Quantifying Industrial Symbiosis benefits for Green Development
- Carbon and Water footprinting, Material Flow, Life Cycle and Input-Output Analysis: Examples for business improvement and competitive advantages
Submit your short 300 word abstract here to present orally or present a poster. Deadline September 8. Or just join us for the sharing of expertise, study tours, and great network!
- October 29 - Welcome Evening
- October 30 - Keynotes, Parallel Sessions and Poster Sessions + Symposium Dinner
- October 31 - Keynotes, Parallel Sessions and Workshops
- November 1 - Industrial Site Visits
See the developing agenda here.
www.isrs2018.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org