Title: Post-doc on Spatial Optimization and decision support for Life Cycle Sustainable Regional land use Planning
Institution: Universite libre de Bruxelles
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Deadline: May 1, 2017
In the framework of the FNRS MIS project “Life Cycle sustainability Optimization for Regional land use Planning” we offer a 2 year full time post-doc position focusing on spatial optimization, decision support and life cycle assessment (starting before July 1st 2017). The post-doc will be part of the research team of Prof. Wouter Achten (ULB - IGEAT). Parts of the project will also be executed in collaboration with CIRAIG and GERAD, UQAM Montréal, Canada.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a PhD (after defense) in Engineering, Bio-science engineering, Environmental Science and Management, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Sciences or any other project relevant domain and which was obtained since max 5 years before july 1st 2017.
- Has solid knowledge and experience with spatial optimization tools and models, and with geographical information systems (GIS).
- Has knowledge on, or experience with life cycle assessment (LCA), environmental impact assessment (EIA), and strategic environmental assessment (SEA)
- Has knowledge, on land-based/biological production systems in general (e.g. agriculture, forestry, biomass production, etc.), and more specifically on biomass-for-energy systems.
- Further, the candidate has strong analytical skills, has a quantitative reflex, can approach complex issues in a systematic way and has the capacity to work autonomously towards objectives and deadlines. The candidate should be fluent in written and spoken English, and have good communication (written and oral) skills and be able to work in group and guide junior researchers. Active knowledge of French is considered an added value, but not a prerequisite.
For further information on the position or the research project you may contact Wouter Achten (firstname.lastname@example.org; +32 2 650 43 22).
To apply, you should send - a motivation/cover letter stating your motivation, and past experiences with which you can contribute to the project - an extensive scientific curriculum vitae (including list of publications, presentations, acquired funding, …) and contact details of 3 references - a full text digital copy of your best scientific output so far. to email@example.com no later than May 1st, 2017.
Job interviews will be planned on the May 12th. The starting date: latest by July 1st, 2017
Please click here for more details