Title: Several Postdoctoral Positions
Institution: Universities of Leiden, Delft, and Rotterdam
The universities of Leiden, Delft and Rotterdam have won a major EU grant for a regional Marie Curie Fellowship scheme. In 3 rounds, a total of 90 two-year postdoc positions will be funded. The call is open for all subject matters but we expect a few postdocs can be hired on sustainability topics. This can be a nice opportunity for recently graduated PhDs, or PhDs close to graduation.
Conditions and application process:
- Applicants must graduate before the relevant recruitment date (1 October 2017, 1 July 2018, 1 April 2019). The PhD date can be a maximum of 60 months before the recruitment date.
- Applicants must not have lived over 12 months in the Netherlands in the last 3 years (MC is a mobility program).
- Proposals are possible on virtually all subjects covered by the three universities as long as a candidate is endorsed by an institute of one of the universities. A support/commitment letter of a hosting group within one of the universities is mandatory.
- The proposal consists of a post-doc research plan (<3 pages), training plan (<3 pages), summary (1 page), motivation letter (1 page) and a CV (<4 pages). Writing is usually supported by the hosting group.
- Like regular applications for EU Marie Curie fellowships, proposals will be judged by independent external experts, not the hosting institute. Criteria are the quality of the proposal (35%), quality of the individual training plan (35%) and quality of the applicant’s track record (30%).
- Application deadlines are 31 March 2017, 31 December 2017, 30 October 2018 with as related intended recruitment dates 1 October 2017, 1 July 2018, 1 April 2019.
CML is happy to support good candidates in the field of Industrial Ecology and Biodiversity/ecology/toxicity research. CML is further leading the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Sustainability set up by these universities. With CfS focusing on the transition to a circular economy, candidates interested in subjects like sustainable business models, sustainable design, and governance and transition management for circularity can be supported by other CfS groups.
Information on Leading Fellows: